CHEROKEE COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT BOOSTER CLUBS AND FUNDRAISING
Booster clubs are an important part of the athletic and extracurricular program in the Cherokee County School District. Booster clubs play an important role in supporting, encouraging, and in advancing these programs. The following rules and regulations are basic and broad guidelines for the establishment and operation of all booster clubs that support Cherokee County Schools. The principal of each individual school must approve all booster clubs, and questions about individual booster clubs will be addressed to the principal of each school.
- Booster clubs exist only to support the school and its program.
- A copy of each booster club’s constitution, by-laws, and annual budget must be submitted to the principal before club activities each year. Each booster club will have a written philosophy with clear-cut objectives to be carried out by the club.
- Each booster club will have in its constitution procedures for an annual audit.The principal has the right and the authority to audit booster club financial records.
- Each booster club will develop an annual budget with input from the coach or sponsor, and submit it to the principal for approval prior to the start of the season.A final annual financial report will be submitted to the principal at the conclusion of the season.
- The booster clubs will provide a copy of their treasurer’s report at each meeting.
- The principal or his/her designated representative will approve all booster club meeting dates, the meeting site, and the time of the meeting.
- Coaches or sponsors of each individual activity will attend booster club meetings.
- All fundraisers and projects conducted by a booster club must have prior written approval of the principal or his/her designee. Booster clubs must follow all Cherokee County School District guidelines pertaining to fundraising activities and facilities usage. The Georgia Sales and Use Tax Regulations Prohibit Booster Clubs Access to the School’s Sales Tax Exemption Form.
- Booster clubs must abide by all guidelines, rules, and policies set forth by Cherokee County Board of Education, State Board of Education, Georgia High School Association and all local, state, and federal laws.
- All gifts or donations given to the school by the booster club will be accepted by the principal with a signed statement indicating that they will become the property of the school.